Chora's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

4 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

General Chat - Page 6 Empty Re: General Chat

Post by NatP Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:18 pm

Omg, I found something new AND relevant! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvlWden6I9I This is mostly stuff we already know but I still highly recommend that you watch it (the fact that it's narrated by Mark Meer is just the cherry on the top).

NatP

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:27 pm

So "pathfinder" and "ark"...

Sounds pretty lame to me and more importantly like a new start ("ark") in a new galaxy ("pathfinder"). A clean slate indeed.

Let's hope I'm dead wrong.

Edit: or it relates to the Arca monolith... (Cerberus / Arkcon)
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:39 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/18/36/46/78/b2vxix10.jpg

Another hexagon, huh?

Unidentified jackets worn by Bioware at some event, yet seemingly sci-fi...
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:33 am

indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

If you subscribe you get access to a subforum that discusses other theories than regular IT, called The Scary Door.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cstud920 Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:46 pm

This is the only message board I go to. I don't know what that is.

cstud920

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:41 am

What is it, you guys have a life all of a sudden? Wink

There's an interesting discussion going on, on the Scary Door. Two most recent topics.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:25 am

If I have time this week I'll reiterate my Arrival theory. You know... 'cause I'm starting to miss speculating...

Have a bad feeling about the next game. Check the IT forum, on the "Ark Theory."
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:28 pm

smash016 wrote:Okay, just some crazy speculation and to keep things running here a bit...

Some of you already heard (not sure you remember, lol) my Miranda Lawson - Amanda Kenson analogy. Notice how similar their names are and how they fulfill similar roles in the narrative (Lazarus Project vs. "The Project" aka Arrival).

But what about Kaiden Alenko - Kai Leng? What do we really know about Kai Leng? If you compare their faces it's not unthinkable Leng is based on Alenko. It's just hard to tell because of Leng's ever-present mask.

I've noticed more name curiosities before, don't have time to dig into that now.

If CW is correct in that it's all a grand illusion starting somewhere in ME1, could it be that characters which appear later are offshoots of Shepard's memory and imagination?

Ur sumthin'...

Amanda Kenson, alliance special op, scientist, (indoctrinated) , in charge of project arrival = monitor the return of the reapers
Miranda, Cerberus which is ex alliance special op, scientist, in charge of project Lazarus = return of shepard

Kaiden Alenko, alliance officer, biotic, N7, loyal and honest
Kai leng, ex alliance officer, biotic, ruthless

There are similarities or interesting differencies.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:11 am

Okay, just some crazy speculation and to keep things running here a bit...

Some of you already heard (not sure you remember, lol) my Miranda Lawson - Amanda Kenson analogy. Notice how similar their names are and how they fulfill similar roles in the narrative (Lazarus Project vs. "The Project" aka Arrival).

But what about Kaiden Alenko - Kai Leng? What do we really know about Kai Leng? If you compare their faces it's not unthinkable Leng is based on Alenko. It's just hard to tell because of Leng's ever-present mask.

I've noticed more name curiosities before, don't have time to dig into that now.

If CW is correct in that it's all a grand illusion starting somewhere in ME1, could it be that characters which appear later are offshoots of Shepard's memory and imagination?

Ur sumthin'...
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi Nat Welcome back!!

DA I contains quite a wealth of informations about what BW could do with mE3.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Nat! Back from the dead.

Well, we're not as busy as in the old thread. Speaking for myself, I finally managed to STOP playing Mass Effect. Three complete playthroughs is enough.

But we recently had someone else join us, CW tweeting again, announcing episode 5 part 1 isn't far away, DA:I released so BW needs to start shifting attention to ME now, you'd think...

So yeah... Perhaps things will get exciting soon enough.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NatP Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:45 pm

I finally found this forum again! Wow, so a few days ago I remembered all about Choose Wisely (I think they tweeted again) and so I tried to login on clevernoob only to be reminded that it was dead... So then I tried looking for this forum, but since I had forgotten ten all what it was called, it took me a while to find it. But here I am! And judging by the amount of stuff in this forum, I missed quite a bit didn't I?

NatP

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:38 am

Btw, on the IT forum, main thread, there's a DA:I pic posted that shows a familiar pattern...
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:35 am

Yeah, I had thought about that guy, Ledra I think his name is, but it could be anyone on Feros.

Losing contact is probably just to say the planet is in chaos.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:09 pm

smash016 wrote:It gave me a strange vibe as well, but I think it serves to introduce those two planets, it also gives you the Codex entries if I remember correctly, and him not hearing about his contact could be foreshadowing of what's going on at Feros (colony under attack) -- his contact probably fell victim to the Thorian or the geth.

There's a salarian Merchant on Feros who decided unexpectedly to stay (under the influence of the Thorian and later maybe because of the remnants of the collective mind), perhaps he's the contact of the Volus.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:11 pm

It gave me a strange vibe as well, but I think it serves to introduce those two planets, it also gives you the Codex entries if I remember correctly, and him not hearing about his contact could be foreshadowing of what's going on at Feros (colony under attack) -- his contact probably fell victim to the Thorian or the geth.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cstud920 Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:03 am

This is probably nothing, but Expat is a Volus store owner in the Wards of the Citadel in Mass Effect 1. If you speak to him before you become a Spectre, he assumes you are from one of the Alliance colonies. He then says something along the lines of, "Feros, Noveria? If you haven't heard of them, you soon will." He then says something about not hearing from his contact on Feros.

Did anyone else catch this or think it was weird? It probably doesn't mean anything, but still, it's weird. Did I miss some side-mission that I never did concerning his contact on Feros?

cstud920

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:31 am

Now that you mention it, there were more things off in the Foundation comic, all related to the Lazarus Project.

So yeah, Miranda knowing about the clone is perhaps no isolated incident.

Maybe if I have the time I'll re-read the Foundation series, since last time I took it all in too fragmented to make sense of it.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:52 am

smash016 wrote:Female Spacer adept. Good choice.

Not sure why you're suspicious about this window -- I think you even mentioned this scene before? Isn't it just Shepard looking over Earth because it simply makes for a fitting opening to the game?

Shepard being the Catalyst is a major idea that everybody confides in to some degree. Even people wary of conspiracy theories admit it would make somse sense. However, it still doesn't properly explain what's going on during the ending. We still need more data.

In the old thread, I proposed a shitload of ideas related to Christ and other religious concepts. Never been able to substantiate them, though. Just ideas. But I certainly think parts of the narrative were inspired by biblical events. The next question is whether it means something for the narrative, ie, can help us unearth what's going on, or whether they just had to take their inspiration from some place.

But yeah... important scenes like the Council Chambers, the dream scene, the London beam site, the decision chamber, they could be referencing Gethsemane (where Christ was deceived and betrayed) and the Ascension of Christ. Then there's of course the 2nd Coming of Shepard ("Lazarus" Project). "Arrival" DLC might even be a retelling of this -- Shepard is forced to die -- again -- yet the shepherd comes again just like at the start of ME2. Whose Arrival is this anyway? And have you noticed how David Archer and Legion are hung? Like Christ on the cross. Always felt like Legion inexplicably wearing that N7 armor is a major hint.

I'm starting to like your C-theory. But we're still stuck wearing tin foil hats because there's no way to prove anything before Bioware does. As is true for pretty much everything we say here...

well Cstud idea is pretty much what we toyed with from the beginning.

Yes shep is probably THE catalyst. Yes biblical symbolism is huge part of the narrative.
But I'll go further and say God and many religions in the mass Effect universe are imho an attempt to manipulate all organic species orchestrated by the big squid. (and maybe Harbinger but I still can't figure how those two are really related, Harbinger seems to be double crossing all the other reapers at every turn)

Back to miranda. She's already admitted she wanted to put a control button into Shep's head. What else could she conceal?
There is just too many things in the latest foundation issue for this to be random.

What is the big machinery where all datas concerning shep are put into?

Who does control the mech which helps Rasa? Is it controled by someone (shadowbroker? someone else?), is it an AI?

What did Miranda allude to when she told TIM she was afraid Rasa would eventually add two and two and find the truth (or something like that)?

Why does TIM says 'whatever she thinks she got away with, this is not Shepard?' which should be linked to shep last speech during the dlc main quest, saying his scars come from all the battle he/she went through.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:16 am

Female Spacer adept. Good choice.

Not sure why you're suspicious about this window -- I think you even mentioned this scene before? Isn't it just Shepard looking over Earth because it simply makes for a fitting opening to the game?

Shepard being the Catalyst is a major idea that everybody confides in to some degree. Even people wary of conspiracy theories admit it would make somse sense. However, it still doesn't properly explain what's going on during the ending. We still need more data.

In the old thread, I proposed a shitload of ideas related to Christ and other religious concepts. Never been able to substantiate them, though. Just ideas. But I certainly think parts of the narrative were inspired by biblical events. The next question is whether it means something for the narrative, ie, can help us unearth what's going on, or whether they just had to take their inspiration from some place.

But yeah... important scenes like the Council Chambers, the dream scene, the London beam site, the decision chamber, they could be referencing Gethsemane (where Christ was deceived and betrayed) and the Ascension of Christ. Then there's of course the 2nd Coming of Shepard ("Lazarus" Project). "Arrival" DLC might even be a retelling of this -- Shepard is forced to die -- again -- yet the shepherd comes again just like at the start of ME2. Whose Arrival is this anyway? And have you noticed how David Archer and Legion are hung? Like Christ on the cross. Always felt like Legion inexplicably wearing that N7 armor is a major hint.

I'm starting to like your C-theory. But we're still stuck wearing tin foil hats because there's no way to prove anything before Bioware does. As is true for pretty much everything we say here...
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cstud920 Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:37 am

Now I'm just posting for the sake of posting...

I started another profile (my second) today, this time as a female war-hero spacer adept. The very first shot of the series features Shepard staring out of a window on the Normandy. My question is this: where is this window?

So, here's something more substantial. I finally got someone in my office to to start playing through Mass Effect. He just started ME3, and he asked me a very simple question: "I'm the catalyst aren't I?" I didn't tell him, but that got me thinking. Is Shepard the catalyst and are the last 20 minutes of the game like "The Last Temptation of Christ"? I mean, the catalyst speaks with Shepard's voice, regardless of gender. It is said that the crucible does nothing without the catalyst, and, indeed, the crucible does nothing until Shepard gets there. Coincidence?

I can't be the first person to ponder this. If I'm the last person to think of this, then I feel stupid.

Okay, now what follows is just wild speculation. I mentioned before that a lot of plot-critical items and organizations start with "C" (conduit, cypher, cerberus, crucible, catalyst, citadel). Also, the bad guys are called reapers and our character's name sounds like shepherd.

So the trilogy finds Shepard conquering the reapers by reaching the crucible. So here we go: the pastoral reference leads me to believe that we are Jesus "C"hrist conquering death by reaching the "C"ross.

Also, the magic bullet theory is right, and the Illuminati exist.

cstud920

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:56 pm

vlad78 wrote:
The comics is lead by ME3 major writer aka McWalters.
Wiki says:
"The series has been stated to have a connection to the Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC pack"

This is not some dumb work done by third parties who know shit about the ME plot.
I'd have to look at the exact moment and method of reveal to see if it strikes me as deliberate and anticipated. But I don't remember it as such.

I'm not ruling it out, it's just that my gut tells me it's not enough to base further speculation on.

But I'd be more than interested to hear where you think it could lead if indeed intentional.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:08 pm

smash016 wrote:
vlad78 wrote:
so what is your take about Miranda denying any knowledge of Shep's clone despite the fact she was in charge of the project in the latest issue of the foundation series??
Considering the general quality of the comics I think chances are it's a plot hole so I'd rather not read into it too much.

Not ruling out it means something, of course. It just seemed like it came out of nowhere, as if the writers didn't realize it themselves.

The comics is lead by ME3 major writer aka McWalters.
Wiki says:
"The series has been stated to have a connection to the Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC pack"

This is not some dumb work done by third parties who know shit about the ME plot.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:54 pm

vlad78 wrote:
so what is your take about Miranda denying any knowledge of Shep's clone despite the fact she was in charge of the project in the latest issue of the foundation series??
Considering the general quality of the comics I think chances are it's a plot hole so I'd rather not read into it too much.

Not ruling out it means something, of course. It just seemed like it came out of nowhere, as if the writers didn't realize it themselves.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:10 pm

smash016 wrote:
cstud920 wrote:I'll be honest, I haven't finished the Citadel DLC in that I haven't thrown the party.  I just don't feel like it.  Has anyone found any clues pertaining to anything important in the party banter?  

I know that about a minute and a half into this video, they mention a Joker clone, which I heard was a theory in Mass Effect (and Arkham City, btw!).  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53mMTV0MxN0

Man, I'm getting impatient.  When the hell is episode 5 coming out?  
Off the top of my head, Samara and Zaeed (if you invite them) comment at a painting and this very strongly brings to mind Shepard's breath scene and as such might tell us a thing or two.

Maybe some interesting bits of banter related to biotics, not sure though.

Don't know anything about a Joker clone.

Meanwhile, I wonder where Vlad is at. Chime in if you read this.

Also, I finished my "final" playthrough of the trilogy so I'm not gathering anything and I'm not actively pursuing ME interests right now. I will of course keep replying to anything you guys post here.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum