Chora's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

4 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

General Chat - Page 11 Empty Re: General Chat

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Originally by smash016, Sep 22, 2014, on choras-den.blogspot.com

I mentioned Manuel before... Don't blame yourself. Wink But yes, he's clearly supposed to be the same Manuel but for some reason BioWare chose to remove the definitive evidence from the final game and keep the matter lingering a bit (like they did with so many things...)

Even without the cut dialogue it's clear he's supposed to be Manuel. though.

"Dr. O'Loy must have been indoctrinated by the Reapers. I found him sending our data to a geth ship. I won't be responsible for another geth attack, another Eden Prime. [...] It's too late for me. They're still in my head, stealing my thoughts. I can't keep them out."

Furthermore, he's still properly called "Manuel" in ME2 on at least one occasion. People might not notice because most of the time the game uses his last name now, Cayce. Plus iirc there are voice logs near the Prothean sphere that appear to feature the same voice actor as ME1 Manuel. So yeah... case closed if you ask me.

Could it be they cut the really obvious parts because they felt it gave away too much?

Also, CW once told me it's "not the same Manuel"... Whether they meant they are two different characters (which they're clearly not) or something related to their dream hypothesis / reality schism, I don't know.

As for the picture reel - good stuff as always. I think we found even more during our investigations, but it's been a while... Also, this is just ExoGeni, right? What about Binary Helix? Will you cover that, too? In a similar vein, it becomes clear if one completes all the side quests that the rachni / Noveria plot has Cerberus ties, too, if I'm not mistaken.

ExoGeni... Seems taken from the concept of exogenesis, "the hypothesis that life exists throughout the universe, distributed by asteroids, comets, etc." -- sounds a lot like eezo, the evolutionary accelerator substance that is anything but randomly distributed in the ME universe, i.e., someone is using evolution as a tool... Cerberus, for example. Staging eezo accidents. Also, taken more literally it simply means humanity's origin has an external cause.

But the similarities between Cerberus and ExoGeni are even bigger than I realized... especially ideologically. Same for the Thorian vs. Leviathan... I wonder what that's supposed to mean. Remember we find Thorian pics in Bryson's lab.

And yeah, the sleeper pods... What do we ever learn about them? Despite every other piece of equipment being painstakingly described by Codex technobabble? They're always there, never to be used... Except when the SR-1 gets attacked Shepard is messing with the pods during the emergency. Well, we learn one thing: that the eerie sound coming from these pods on the SR-2 is found in all kinds of places.

Ontarom is also the planet where in ME3 there's a huge array of QECs.

Well, do we continue on this blog? Or should we perhaps open a forum thread somewhere, and save this blog for "the good stuff", like your galleries and my periodic "epiphanies"?
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Originally by vlad78, Sep 21, 2014, on choras-den.blogspot.com

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel

Read the trivia at the bottom.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:27 pm

What about ExoGeni

This is a test to see how galleries do appear on this blog.

As I said I was working on exoGeni, Binary helix an the scientists on EP.
Are we told at any point of the 3 games to which companies do the 2 scientists found on EP belong?

And what if it's not just part of the illusion but Dr Manuel IS Dr CAYCE? I read somewhere the writers planed to reveal this but it was dropped.

That would mean the discovery of the beacon, the finding of the thorian and the revival of the rachni species are all linked to cerberus and levi.

First part

What about ExoGeni ?

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni1_zps49a3dc4a

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni2_zps4525e013

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni3_zps954d8e96

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni4_zpsc9899ade

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni5_zps865ca977

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni6_zpsbeb9676c

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni7_zpsbc60b621

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni8_zps69fb0c82

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni9_zps751d1184

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni10_zpsc330dcbc

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni11_zps1a236574

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni12_zpsf4414812

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni13_zpseaa9e51c

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni14_zpsfcde0bd6

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni15_zps84089b88

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni16_zps2b7592cc

General Chat - Page 11 ExoGeni17_zpsce9d3c51

What do you think?
I will rework this sooner or later to republish the whole gallery.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Can you publish a picture?
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Originally by smash016, Sep 21, 2014, on choras-den.blogspot.com

Proprietary to Cerberus

Codex says about Cerberus' Atlas unit:

"Its thick armor includes a robust transparent canopy made from a polycrystalline composite proprietary to Cerberus. Alliance engineers hypothesize that the material is some kind of synthetic sapphire composed with interlayers to resist cracking and thermal damage."

Now why would we be interested in the multiple intricacies of the materials used for something as mundane as this canopy? The only thing that stands out, at least for me, is that the material is proprietary to Cerberus. And guess what pattern can be clearly seen on the canopy? The same as this blog's background. The same as can be found in so many spots within ME's universe it becomes a pattern of its own.

Alternatively, the idea might be to provide a very obscure hint we can crack the canopy, shoot the pilot, and board the Atlas ourselves. But the game's manual and hint service already tell us this without any pretext.

Or it might be Codex filler junk. Bad writing arguments always apply.

Last edited by smash016 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Originally by smash016, Sep 20, 2014, on choras-den.blogspot.com

Combat Gear Filtering Units

It's a little odd that -- unless you preselect a helmet before doing the Palaven mission, probably -- Shepard is not wearing a helmet on Palaven's moon by default, while squadmates do. Especially because there are mentions of the harsh local atmosphere, e.g., "combat gear filtering units" by a datapad whose message amounts to nothing even remotely relevant or interesting otherwise, and James, the epitome of fitness, reporting he has trouble breathing while actually wearing a helmet. Shepard, standing next to him, has no trouble whatsoever yet isn't using any kind of breathing assistance.

This is interesting because we've seen curiously framed "breathing issues" before. On Ilos in ME1.

It's not hard to fathom BioWare forgot to set helmet parameters correctly on a few occasions. It is curious, however, when these errors are emphasized by very immediate lore. Repeatedly.

(edit) The ME3 user settings for equipping Shepard's and squad members' helmets appear to behave rather unreliably in-game, so I found out. So part of the above could be explained by glitchy settings.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Originally by vlad78, Sep 15, 2014, on choras-den.blogspot.com

This one is very good.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Originally by smash016, Sep 15, 2014, on choras-den.blogspot.com

And Love Fell

So we've been contemplating whether social contract theory has any bearing on ME. What with Sovereign, Leviathan (the book and the creature), the ark of the covenant, and whatnot being part of the game one way or another.

Well, asari poet Techllis Bel is thinking along the same lines, on account of her book of free verse And Love Fell, on purchase at Huerta hospital:

"This sharp, pessimistic satire questions the ability of sentient races to rise above basic bloodshed."

And the asari just never cease to be the galaxy's wisest, don't they? What did they ever do to deserve their exalted status...

Last edited by smash016 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Originally by smash016, Sep 13, 2014, on choras-den.blogspot.com

The Illusion of Security

There could be something very wrong with the Citadel in ME3.

The obvious theme is the "illusion of security" that is mentioned by a few people, Bailey and James among others.

The less obvious part is how everyone is gathering at the Citadel, the large influx of people. There is an uncanny emphasis in the dialogue on the "processing" and "cataloguing" of these refugees, the new "biometric" screening devices that are found everywhere, and the harsh penalties for circumventing them.

Then there's this general strategic blunder of concentrating all allied forces at one planet at the end of the game. It's like they're all walking into the Reaper trap that is the Crucible. In this perspective, the large influx of organics and their subsequent "processing" seems rather devious.

Maybe the Reapers are "biometrically" harvesting people's minds to be added to a group mind... Their salvation through destruction, if you get what I mean? Their minds being saved while their bodies are destroyed?
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Chat - Page 11 Empty General Chat

Post by smash016 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Originally by smash016, Sep 13, 2014, on choras-den.blogspot.com

Introduction

This is supposed to be a place for discussing the Mass Effect games series. We've been doing this for some time now, but within a private messaging format. I'm still thinking about how to publish this massive amount of existing content, but at least for the time being, this is the place for all new content.

What started this discussion are the Choose Wisely videos on YouTube, which attempt to uncover a deeper layer within ME's narrative. It's rooted in the well-known Indoctrination Theory but is not quite the same... We were baffled by the implications of this "latent" plot, and interested in how accurate CW's claims were. Later we started developing ideas and interpretations of our own, which are more or less complementary to theirs.

There's a real chance nothing special is going down in the story. But at the very least it has always been a lot of fun speculating about it, even if in the end it would be in vain.

So... let's just continue this from where we left off. This is still a private conversation of sorts, and the reason we are now openly "blogging" about it is (a) the website we were messaging on is about to be taken down, (b) with search functionality and similar features this format is more convenient, and (c) on the off-chance we're ever proven even slightly right we'll at least have the chance of saying "We told you so..." and backing it up with the content here.

Now I'm going to invite Vlad to participate, and I hope the other people from the original thread will join us shortly, too.

Last edited by smash016 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum