Chora's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N7 Announcement

2 posters

Go down

N7 Announcement Empty Re: N7 Announcement

Post by vlad78 Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:56 am

smash016 wrote:The concept art looks great but it's just concept art.

I have to admit that I'm troubled by the combination of Hudson leaving, and the little information we have on ME4 not being even slightly indicative of anything like IT or CW or just something deeper. The worst thing to happen would be Hudson getting sacked for ME3's controversy and now EA demanding BW abandon whatever ambitious storytelling plans they were having.

The vibe BW is currently conveying is that of a genuinely new start for ME. But again, a vibe is just a vibe. Maybe they're just holding back.

Btw, I'm totally into this human-technology relationship theme. I feel EDI was a wasted opportunity in this regard. Stuff like the replicants in Blade Runner, Ash in Alien, David (Fassbender) in Prometheus, Fatima in Anachronox, NG Resonance in Deus Ex 2... Don't know if that rings a bell for you, but that's how to do it. I never developed any attachment to EDI. Too much pseudointellectual talk.

Legion was better in that regard. "Shepard-Commander." Classic line... "There was a hole." [machine trying to look awkward]. But those moments were rare for Legion as well.

ME never really managed to anthropomorphize synthetics properly. I hope they'll do that better with ME4.

I agree about EDI but I think in fact the player was supposed to get attached to EDI through Joker. Only because Joker loves EDI so much should Shep feel concerned.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:21 pm

The concept art looks great but it's just concept art.

I have to admit that I'm troubled by the combination of Hudson leaving, and the little information we have on ME4 not being even slightly indicative of anything like IT or CW or just something deeper. The worst thing to happen would be Hudson getting sacked for ME3's controversy and now EA demanding BW abandon whatever ambitious storytelling plans they were having.

The vibe BW is currently conveying is that of a genuinely new start for ME. But again, a vibe is just a vibe. Maybe they're just holding back.

Btw, I'm totally into this human-technology relationship theme. I feel EDI was a wasted opportunity in this regard. Stuff like the replicants in Blade Runner, Ash in Alien, David (Fassbender) in Prometheus, Fatima in Anachronox, NG Resonance in Deus Ex 2... Don't know if that rings a bell for you, but that's how to do it. I never developed any attachment to EDI. Too much pseudointellectual talk.

Legion was better in that regard. "Shepard-Commander." Classic line... "There was a hole." [machine trying to look awkward]. But those moments were rare for Legion as well.

ME never really managed to anthropomorphize synthetics properly. I hope they'll do that better with ME4.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

N7 Announcement Empty N7 Announcement

Post by vlad78 Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Did you see the N7 day announcement?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/10/mass-effect-4-concept-art-hints-at-new-alien-races-4942078/

Gorgeous illustration. If ME4 is anything near those concept arts, it will be beautiful.

I seen the concept of network will again be very important.

They enlisted a leadwriter coming from halo4. Halo4 story wasn't really interactive but it wasn't bad. (especially the relationship between the main character and his computer)

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum